Sorry, nothing in cart.
What is Flexura?
Flexura is a brand of the muscle relaxant Metaxalone. It is also known as generic Skelaxin. It is used to relax and relieve the pains caused due to muscle stress, strains, sprains in the muscles and other muscle injuries.
Many conditions can cause muscle pains. Muscle pain may also be a symptom of other disorders or illnesses.
How does Flexura (Metaxalone) relieve the pain of the muscles?
Flexura consists of Metaxalone which belongs to the class of the drugs which are known as muscle relaxants.
The precise workings of Metaxalone and how it alleviates the pain is not known yet, but it has been offered that it inhibits the pain receptors in the brain. It also sedates the brain activities so that you so that the sensation of pain is numbed slowly.
You can buy Flexura in the following dosages:
How to Use Flexura (Metaxalone) as a pain killer medicine?
- You are always encouraged to follow the instructions of your doctor or your medical health practitioner or a qualified chemist if you buy Flexura over the counter.
- Two doses of Flexura are available. One is Flexura 200 mg and Flexura 400 mg. Your doctor will prescribe the best dosage for you. It is to be repeated after 8 hours if the pain persists.
- You have to gulp down Flexura tablets with a glass of water. Usually, your doctor will suggest you rest after taking this medication, we suggest the same.
- If you take Metaxalone (Flexura) with food, then it helps your body to absorb it faster. It is absorbed faster in your body, the medication will sedate the pain sooner. But make sure that is a light meal. High-fat meals with Flexura can increase side-effects. But you should ask your doctor about it in case there are some other instructions for you.
- If you forget to take the dosage on the time suggested by your doctor, take it when you remember it. Never take double dosages to avoid the risk of severe side effects and the safety of your health.
The common side-effects are:
- Upset stomach
- Abdominal pain
The severe side-effects are:
- Back pain
- Leg pain
- Black tarry stools
- Leg, or stomach pains
- Black tarry stools
- Bleeding gums
- Chest pain
- Clay-colored stools
- Dark urine
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Rapid heartbeat
- General body swelling
- Hives, itching, skin rash
- Loss of appetite
- Painful or difficult urination
- Pale skin
- Poor coordination
- Swelling of the eyelids
- Swelling around the eyes
- Swollen face
- Swollen lips or tongue
- Redness of the skin
- Sore throat
- Ulcers on lips or in the mouth
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of the face, throat, or tongue
- Swollen glands
- Talking or acting with excitement you cannot control
- Tightness in the chest
- Trembling or shaking
- Unpleasant breath odour
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
It is also possible that you may experience symptoms and conditions not mentioned on this list, it may be due to a variety of reasons. Please talk to your doctor about it to find out the specific cause and get timely treatment for it.
It is likely that you are taking medicines other than Metaxalone for other conditions of your body. It can happen that the medications (prescribed or otherwise) may react with the generic Skelaxin.
Please let your medical health advisor, doctor or nurse if you are making use of any of the following medicines listed below:
Any medication which induces sleepiness or sedates your mind and body:
- Opioid pain killer
- Cough relievers
Any medication used to help treat insomnia or anxiety:
Any medication which is known as a muscle relaxant:
Any medication or herb which increases the levels of Serotonin in the body:
- Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or ‘Ecstasy’)
- Hypericum perforatum(St. John’s wort)
Medications or herbs or substances which are antidepressants:
It is important to note that Flexura can also manipulate laboratory reports especially glucose tests. Make sure you inform the authorized person about the use of Metaxalone if you have to get a laboratory report for any parameter.
- Please refrain from using Metaxalone in any form if you suffer from anemia (low count of red blood cells).
- Do not use Metaxalone if you suffer from any kidney-related diseases like kidney stones, uremia, nephritis, acute kidney injury, kidney cancer, and many others.
- Avoid the utilization of Generic Skelaxin if you suffer from any diseases which affect the liver. It could be jaundice, liver cancer, Hepatitis, and many others.
- There have been very rare cases of allergic reaction observed due to the use of Metaxalone, but on once in a blue moon type of case, anaphylaxis can occur. It is a very severe allergic reaction which can prove to be fatal if left untreated. It includes symptoms such as low blood pressure, rashes, and swelling of the tongue. If you observe any of these symptoms, stop using the medication and inform your doctor immediately.
- Flexura is strictly prohibited for children below 12 years of age.
- If you take this with food, it will be absorbed more quickly in your bloodstream. This will make you sleepy. It is best to sleep or rest after taking this medicine. At any rate, do not drive or do anything that requires undivided focus when you are on this medication.
- The absorption of the medication is more for older people. Due to this, it is best to adjust the strength of their dosages accordingly. Take guidelines from your doctor if you are unsure about it.
- This makes the effects of alcohol more strong. Therefore it is best if you avoid alcohol while you are on a dosage of Metaxalone.
- This drug also makes the impact of the Central Nervous System (CNS) depressants more influential. These can be for the sedatives, hypnotics or tranquilizers that you may be using. A list of them is given below:
- Diazepam (Valium)Clonazepam (Klonopin)
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Triazolam (Halcion)
- Estazolam (Prosom)
- Mephobarbital (Mebaral)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal)
- pentobarbital sodium (Nembutal)
- Zolpidem (Ambien)
- Eszopiclone (Lunesta)
- Zaleplon (Sonata)
- The use of Metaxalone has been restricted for pregnant women as the impact this drug may make on an unborn child is unknown. It is highly recommended if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby in the immediate future.
- If you are a lactating mother, then you should not use Metaxalone. It is because there is no experiment conducted to check if the drug transfers into breast milk. If you use this medication don’t breastfeed till the drug is safely out of your system.
- The impact of smoking has not been noted on the drug Metaxalone. But as the nicotine present in cigarettes tends to make the mind more alert, it could counteract against Flexura. Thus, if you want the effects of Flexura to be nice and good, do not smoke along with the medication.
You might also need to take additional precautions in accordance with your personal medical history, conditions, age, weight, and many other factors. Your doctor will be able to give you more specific guidelines about them.
A few causes of muscle pain can be:
- Muscle tension
- Muscle stress
- Overuse of the muscles
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Muscle Injury
- Lyme disease
- Cholesterol Medications
- Muscle cramp
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease)
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Muscle Sprains
Frequently Asked Questions about Flexura (Metaxalone):
Does the use of Flexura 200 cause headaches?
Yes, Headaches are among the most common side-effects which occur due to the use of Flexura. But it is likely to go away once your body gets accustomed to the medication. It should go away without any specific treatment. But it is uncomfortable for you, make a beeline to the doctor promptly.
How many times can I take Metaxalone (Flexura) in a day (24 Hours)?
Your doctor will give you proper instructions about the dosage of the medication. But Flexura 400 mg can be taken from three to four times in a single day. Follow the dosage your doctor has suggested if you are in a doubt.
How long does a dose of Flexura 400 mg stay effective?
If you take a dosage of Flexura 400 mg, the effects of the medications will stay on for up to 3 hours approximately.
Will it be okay if I use Flexura along with Ibuprofen?
There are no reports that indicate an adverse interaction of Ibuprofen with Flexura but we don’t advise you to combine both these medications without the permission of your doctor. Discuss with your doctor if you want to combine these two drugs.
Is Metaxalone a controlled medication? Can I buy Flexura over the counter?
It is not a controlled substance and yes, it is available to be bought over the counter without prescriptions. But it is best if you get a prescription from a reliable medical health practitioner.
Is Metaxalone Addictive?
No. Metaxalone is a muscle relaxant drug and in itself, it is not addictive. But it heightens the effects of other narcotics like marijuana, alcohol and other such substances.
Does the use of Flexura 400mg tab make you extremely Tired?
No, the Metaxalone present in Flexura does not make you tired, but it does make you feel sleepy or drowsy.
If you are taking Metaxalone with any medication which interacts with its effects, the combined impact may be making you extremely tired. Please check out the list of medicines that interact with Metaxalone to rule out such a possibility.
If it does not feel normal or comfortable, inform your medical advisor immediately and ask for guidance.
Can Flexura be bought Online?
Yes, just like all other commodities of our use, Generic Skelaxin is also available on the web to be bought online. There are many brands of Metaxalone which you can explore and buy on the internet.
All Generic Pills is a safe haven for people looking for a reliable and trustworthy online pharmacy. We offer various types of medications for you in their generic forms. We have satisfied customers in various parts of the globe who use the medications provided by us and they are very happy with the results.
Our delivery and order management process are streamlined to the core. Even our payment processes are safe, quick and hassle-free. You can buy Flexura online from All Generic Pills without any doubts.
Explore more medications available on All Generic Pills.