Sorry, nothing in cart.
Buy Generic Skelaxin?
Skelaxin is a drug which is also known by another name known as Metaxalone. This drug works by blocking the nerve which is present in the brain that helps a man in sensing the pain. Generic Skelaxin is used along with the physical and rest therapy in order to treat the skeletal muscle condition which is injury and pain.
There are other applications of this medicine which are not mentioned here.
Apart from the usefulness of this medicine, there is other important information that one needs to know about this medicine. This drug should not be used if a person has is anemic i.e. if a person has low blood cells.
Generic Skelaxin is also prohibited if a person has severe liver or kidney disease. Diseases like these require a person to go through an entire dose adjustment which can then be used safely consume these medicines.
What is Generic Skelaxin?
The generic name Generic Skelaxin is Metaxalone which is a drug used extensively to treat the tightness felt in the muscles. This drug is taken which ultimately helps a person in relieving pain which is usually caused because of muscle spasms.
Skelaxin belongs to a group of medicines which is called as relaxants. This drug is approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the year 2008. The brand Generic Skelaxin was manufactured, Pfizer.
This drug is used for ultra-tight muscles and works by loosening them up. This drug is usually taken if a person has ultra-tight muscles that keep him or her from participating in day-today routines. This usually calls for a muscle relaxer and Skelaxin is one of them.
The generic name of the drug Generic Skelaxin is Metaxalone and is one of the only versions of this medicine which is sold in the US. Skelaxin is one of the types of muscle relaxant available in the market.
This drug is available in an 800 mg pink oval tablet while as Metaxalone is an almost white drug which is easily soluble in methanol and is completely insoluble in water and ether.
Each tablet of this medicine contains Metaxalone and has the following inactive ingredients. They are listed as under ammonium calcium alginate, alginic acid, B-Rose Liquid, Cornstarch and Magnesium stearate.
Generic Skelaxin Uses:
Generic Skelaxin helps in treating muscle spasms and is something that is taken along with the physical therapies.
Muscle Spasm: Muscle Spasm can trigger while a person is running or when a person goes to sleep. It happens because the muscles of your calf and foot suddenly become tight and hard, causing it to pain.
These things can get a person a muscle cramp. A muscle cramp can be prevented by following proper precautions. However, if the cramp is done, there are different muscle relaxant that can ease the pain.
Generic Skelaxin comes in an 800 mg dosage and is usually prescribed to be taken three to four times a day. The benefits of Generic Skelaxin are seen in one hour of digestion. Eating food before taking this medicine increases the rate of absorption caused by this medicine.
- It comes in a 800 mg dosage tablet
- A single tablet should not be taken for more than 4 times in a day
- Generic Skelaxin should be taken after a full-fledged meal as it shows the best result post a meal
- This drug is not recommended for children who are below the age of 12 and should be kept far away from them.
- Generic Skelaxin taken one hour to show its effect on the human body. This drug after consuming stays in the system for some hours and shows effect for about 4 to 6 hours.
- For women who are pregnant, their doctor should know about all the present medicines that they are on as interaction with some drugs can cause serious side effects in this case.
- For women who are breastfeeding, as such, it is not fully known if this drug passed into the mammary gland of a woman. But proper precautions must be taken as it can have an effect on the health of an infant.
Generic Skelaxin Overdose:
Generic Skelaxin comes in an 800-milligram single dosage tablet and should be taken three to four times a day. This drug should not be taken more than four times a day. It means that a dosage of 800 mg should not be consumed more than four times a day.
It is best to take these medicines on an empty stomach or post a small meal. Taking Generic Skelaxin along with food has a tendency to increase the effects caused by this drug.
Overdose caused by Metaxalone:
- Overdosing on Skelaxin can be very fatal. There are people who consume this drug along with other drugs and alcohol. It can affect the nervous system of a person and can even cause death. Consuming alcohol while taking this drug is a no-no and must be avoided.
- There are times when people can overdose on this medicine just because they are consuming other drugs including different painkillers, relaxants, medications which can cause overdosing of this medicine.
- There has been a history of deliberate and accidental overdose that can occur with metaxalone in combination with other antidepressant drugs. Such interactions have also happened in combination with alcohol. Serotonin syndrome usually occurs when Generic Skelaxin is taken in a higher dosage than what is recommended.
- Overdosing on this drug requires a person to report to the doctor as soon as possible and needs medical assistance right away.
- However, missing a dose of Generic Skelaxin should make a person take a dose of this medicine as soon as they remember. If the next dosage of this drug is nearby, it is then advised to wait for the next dosage of this medicine and take it at a regular time.
Before beginning the dosage of Generic Skelaxin, it is very important for a doctor to know all about present treatment drugs followed by that specific person. There are many over the counter drugs which are taken by people. It includes nutrition shakes, vitamins, herbal treatments, protein powders and other supplements etc. Apart from that, there can be some recreational drugs taken by people from time to time.
There are a few drugs that are known to interact with Metaxalone. They are listed below:
- Antihistamines: This drug contains carbinoxamine such as pelagic and arabinose.
- Drugs containing Doxylamine such as Unisom which are also called combination medicine.
- Sodium Oxybate which is usually used to cure muscle problems and daytime sleepiness.
- Generic Skelaxin that are used for Allergies such as cetirizine, antihistamines, fexofenadine etc.
- Drugs that are used for medication such as alprazolam, valium, lorazepam etc.
- Drugs that are used to treat anxiety, include Xanax, lorazepam, valium etc.
- Used for medical conditions such as seizure, epilepsy and convulsions.
- Drugs used for sleeping
- Other muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine, carisoprodol etc.
- Other pain relievers that act with the nervous system including morphine, Vicodin.
- Drugs that are antidepressants.
- Aleve – Naproxen
- Adderall – dextroamphetamine
- Advil – Ibuprofen
- Fish Oil
It is mandatory to speak to your doctor before taking any of the above-mentioned drugs. These drugs have a tendency to interact with Metaxalone.
1) Interaction of Metaxalone with Alcohol:
Consuming Alcohol with any of the drugs that interact with the nervous system of a person can be dangerous. Interaction of Metaxalone with Alcohol can term to be very dangerous and makes the effect of the drug Generic Skelaxin very strong.
There are various warnings given by FDA against drinking alcohol while consuming this drug at the same time. The effect of this interaction has proved to be quite fatal and can even cause death.
2) Interaction of Metaxalone with Grapefruit Juice:
Generic Skelaxin is a drug that is broken down in the liver of a person. Grapefruit has a tendency to alter the effect of this medicine. It is, therefore, suitable for a person to avoid taking grapefruit juice while using this medicine at the same time.
3) Other kinds of Interactions with Metaxalone
The ingredients of cold and cough medicines need to be known while taking this drug. There are some cough syrups that contain antihistamines which can cause drowsiness. Using these syrups along with Metaxalone can make a negative effect on the person.
4) Skelaxin Warning & Precautions:
If a person suffers from Generic Skelaxin, it is important to tell a doctor about the prevailing liver and kidney problems. Acquainting your doctor with these facts can determine if a person should eat or fast before taking this drug.
Anaemia is another medical condition that a doctor must know while following this treatment.
A doctor usually checks the liver function after taking this drug. A person should report to the doctor if they go through following medical conditions while being on this drug.
- If a person is extra drowsy
- If a person gets a severe and frequent headache every now and then
- Person gets an upset stomach
- Having a yellow skin
- Skin problems
- If it emerges any new infection in the human body
There are some rare cases where a person gets a life-threatening allergic reaction to a drug. These conditions require a person to get medical help right away. The symptoms of which are given below:
- Severe rash
- Having a swollen tongue
- Swollen eyes
- Having trouble in breathing
If patients have any heart disease, they should avoid taking this drug or for the least stay very careful about the same.
This drug comes with a withdrawal reaction. It is therefore very important for a person not stop taking this drug abruptly. The withdrawal is done by slowly lowering the dosage of this medicine and leave it under a period of two weeks time.
It is unknown if this drug can harm an unborn baby. But it is important to mention it to your doctor whether you are planning to get pregnant while being on this drug. Breastfeeding is one more factor that should be known to your doctor.
Generic Skelaxin Contraindications:
There are different contraindications of this drug. They are listed below:
- It can cause hypersensitivity
- It can cause hemolytic anemia
- Hepatic and renal impairment.
There are other things one needs to be cautious about.
- This drug can cause depression of the central nervous system of a person.
- This drug may show effect of a sedative if used with other drugs.
- Generic Skelaxin does not work well on old people.
- This drug has a tendency to increase the bioavailability of some female patients.
- This drug should be used with caution if a person has renal or hepatic impairment.
- Skelaxin should not be used in children who are below the age of 12.
Also, there are some things that a person needs to examine before taking this medicine.
- Anemia – low content of blood cells
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
It is important for your doctor to know about the present kidney or liver disease. There are no results that can determine if this drug can harm an unborn child/infant. But it is better to keep the doctor in the loop. This drug is definitely not approved for a 12-year-old.
There are some other drugs that can change the behaviour of this medicine. Their interaction can make a too sleepy and in some cases can cause serious side effects.
A patient should always tell a doctor about the drugs that he is taking at present. There are some very common over the counter drugs that can interfere with Generic Skelaxin and needs to be stopped immediately.
Skelaxin Side Effects:
If a person feels any sign of the side effects caused by this drug, they should go see a doctor as soon as possible. There is a various reaction of Skelaxin which is faced by people from time to time. They are listed as under:
- It causes difficulty in breathing,
- Extreme sleepiness
- Swelling of lips, face and tongue
- Weak Breathing
- Getting pale-coloured or yellow coloured – Jaundice
- Getting shallow breathing
- Having pain in the upper stomach of a person
- Feeling a loss of appetite
- Irregular heartbeat
Apart from that, there are some common side effects which are faced by this medicine. It includes:
- Upset stomach
- Getting nervous
If any of these side effects are faced by a person, it is important to get emergency help right away.
Why buy Generic Skelaxin from Arrowmeds?
There are many online stores available from where people can purchase these drugs. It is however very important to go a proper background check as there are many online pharmaceutical stores that are known to sell farce medicines. The reason why you should get your medicine from Arrowmeds is because of the follwing reasons:
- It sells legitimate drugs which are approved by FDA
- It has an online doctor that can examine the condition of the patient before giving the medicine to the patient.
- Delivers the medicines to the doorsteps of a patient without being publically humiliated about his/her medical condition and makes life much easier.
How Generic Skelaxin works?
Generic Skelaxin works by acting as a relaxant for the muscles. This drug is taken 3 to 4 times in a day and helps a human body in getting relaxed. This drug is a part of an entire routine which requires a person to be on complete bed rest along with other routines which makes things easy on the muscles.
How to take Generic Skelaxin?
Generic Skelaxin should be taken exactly as per the prescription is given by the doctor. There is an explicit set of instructions that are given in the label regarding the usage of this drug. This drug should be taken in an exact same amount as prescribed by the doctor.
This drug can, however, interact with some other drugs that can be taken by a person at the same time. Generic Skelaxin is usually a part of a routine which includes a complete physical therapy, rest along with some other pain-relieving measures.
Generic Skelaxin should be stored in a cool temperate away from moisture.
It is not recommended to increase the dosage of this medicine on its own. Increasing the dosage of this medicine does not improve the condition of the patient any faster but comes with the risk of overdose and enhanced side effects. It is safest to take this medicine post a light meal
Who can use Generic Skelaxin?
This drug is a muscle relaxant and works by blocking the impulse of a nerve. Generic Skelaxin is used by people who have problems related to muscles and for patients who suffer from epilepsy. This drug is used along with other therapies to show its maximum effect. It is best for muscles that are tired or injured.
What is the consumption procedure of the drug?
It is an oral drug which is taken with a glass of water. Generic Skelaxin should not be taken for more than four times a day. Apart from that, there are some interactions of this drug that needs to be taken care of. This drug can be consumed on an empty stomach or post a heavy meal. In both cases, the effect is the same.
There are some allergies that need to be examined before taking this drug. Some of them are listed below:
- Severe Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
It is important to tell your doctor about the prevailing medical condition that one must have before taking this medicine.
Can Generic Skelaxin be taken on an empty stomach?
There is absolutely no problem in taking skelaxin on an empty stomach. In Fact, this drug can work wonders on an empty stomach. One should just be aware of not taking this drug for more times than what is prescribed by the doctor.
Will I suffer from side effects when using Generic Skelaxin?
Generic Skelaxin if taken while keeps are the precautions in mind, will not necessarily give any side effects. There are some lifestyle changes that need to be taken while consuming this drug. For instance, drinking alcohol while taking Generic Skelaxin can cause side effects that have proved to be very fatal. Therefore a person should keep his diet in full check while consuming this drug. There can be some inactive ingredients of a medicine that can cause the side effects of the drug Skelaxin.
Some side effects can impair the thinking of a person. That is why it is not recommended for a person to drive or do any activity that requires full attention while consuming this drug. Drowsiness is the most common symptom which is usually seen in adults that are older in age.
Generic Skelaxin with Food and Alcohol
Alcohol has a tendency to enhance the side effects caused by this drug as it interacts with the nervous system of a body. The consumption of alcohol with this drug makes the drug Metaxalone very strong which is often give the results that usually happen because of an overdose of this medicine.
There are many warnings given by the FDA for drinking alcohol alongside of this medicine. The side effects of this are fatal and can even cause death.
Is smoking safe after taking Generic Skelaxin pill?
Smoking is not a go-to while taking this drug. Smoking again enhances the side effects caused by this drug which has proved to be very fatal.
It is necessary to eat and drink clean while consuming drug Skelaxin. There have been no immediate side effects known due to smoking but it is recommended to stay away from smoking or any other recreational drugs while taking this drug.