Sorry, nothing in cart.
Buy Generic Neurontin Online?
Neurontin is Antiepileptic drug also known as a nerve pain reliever has been quite helpful for people suffering from nerve pain due to herpes or any other reasons and has given good results in calming the nerves and spinal cord.
Because of its commendable performance, Generic Neurontin is widely used and the availability has to be very prime and easily available to be open for all.
This drug can be bought online without any hassle and is available on multiple online drug stores over the internet.
The online presence of Generic Neurontin has made its availability much easier and hence the return of the drug too.
So with its online presence, this drug has been easy to purchase and covers a lot more people suffering from pain or seizures.
What is Generic Neurontin?
This drug generically known as Gabapentin, also categorized as an anti-epileptic medicine is used to treat neuropathic pain (also called nerve pain) and in many other cases RLS ( Restless Legs Syndrome). Generic Neurontin cures many conditions like seizures, reduces the pain or restless leg syndrome depending on certain indications and diagnoses.
Many brands of neurontin cure different conditions and one should know which particular brand is being prescribed depending on their treatment. You are suggested not to change the brand without the doctor’s supervision.
- The major use of Neurontin is to obstruct and control seizures. It calms down the nerve activity to minimize the contingency and intensity of the seizures. Generic Neurontin is consumed by both adults and children.
- A type of Neurontin brand can medicate epilepsy even in a 3-year-old child and some other type controls the symptoms of epilepsy. So the effects and uses vary from brand to brand.
- It also minimizes the post-herpetic neuralgia which is a penetrating and burning nerve pain which is a very common side effect of shingles.
- According to a 2017 census, severe nerve pain occurring from shingles or diabetes can be substituted by the oral gabapentin consumption of at least 1200 mg daily.
- RLS which is restless leg syndrome, due to which there is an extremely uncomfortable sensation in legs or the irresistible desire of the movement of lower limbs can be cured by this drug.
- Generic Neurontin when combined with oxycontin acts as a brilliant painkiller for severe cancer patients.
- Gabapentin is packed in a capsule form both as an extended and regular release tablet. It is also made in liquid form.
- The most common dosage of the drug is 300 milligram (mg) and the dosage is increased to 1800 milligram (mg) gradually. The dosage may also vary according to the diagnosis and the reasons one is doing the treatment for.
- Even if your treatment requires a high dosage of the drug, the doctor starts from the basic dose and then gradually increases the dosage until it is effective and comfortable for the patient.
- The regular release gabapentin, a series of three doses is required in a day.
- The drug is taken in with a full glass of water after or before having food. In between the three dosages, do not keep a gap of more than 12 hours in between.
- Usually, people consume the extended-release tablets at around 5.00 pm and only once a day.
- You are not suggested to chew bite or crush the tablet. Simply swallow it with water.
Adults facing postherpetic neuralgia can start with 300mg of dosage in day 1 and then subsequently increase it to 600mg/ day where they take 300mg twice a day and on Day 3rd, taking 300mg thrice in a 900mg day.The dose can be taken up to 1800mg per day. In clinical tests, the considerable effects have been monitored for the dosage of 1800 -3600 mg per day.
Generic Neurontin Overdose
If you somehow experience the overdose of Generic Neurontin, you might experience certain symptoms which include:
- Problematic Speech
- Double sightedness
If someone experiences this overdose, it is recommended to call 911 or poison control center
Missed Dose of Generic Neurontin
The dosage is supposed to be followed as per the doctor’s prescription. However, if you think you don’t need it anymore, you should not stop the sudden usage of the drug as all the symptoms will be withdrawn abruptly. Consult the doctor and he might decrease the dosage gradually.
For the cases where you miss the dosage, consume the dosage as soon as you remember it. But if it is almost the time of the next dose, you are supposed to skip the dose.
Do not overdose yourself with a double dose to retrieve the missed dosage as it has severe consequences.
- Neurontin has certain different effects when taken along with some other drugs. Any other drug if taken simultaneously can either neutralize the effector can have some unpleasant effect on the body. Below is the kist of drugs that interact with Neurontin.
- Anticoagulants: These drugs might cause bleeding disorders if it is taken simultaneously, so therefore it needs to be consulted before you take these two medicines alongside.
- Anti-Hypertensive drugs: If the drug is taken with any anti hypersensitive drug, its effect is reversed. So if you are having any such drug, Neurontin should be highly substituted by some other drug
- Oral Anti- Diabetic Drugs: Generic Neurontin might increase the hypoglycemic effect producing excess insulin in the body and hence should be avoided consuming together.
- If Generic Neurontin is taken with any narcotic medication, its effect can be worsened. If you take any pills for a muscle relaxant, depression, anxiety, or seizures, consult your doctor before.
- Other medicines might interact with Neurenntin like vitamins, herbal products or any other drug. So before starting the medication, you need to tell your doctor all about the previous medication you ever had or are having.
1) Alcohol Interaction
The drug should be completely avoided with alcohol as it increases the drowsiness and can cause internal bleeding.
2) Disease interactions
If the usage of the drug is done ongoing certain disease, the disease effect may be worsened and can have some undesirable effects on the body.
To avoid such situations, it is recommended to discuss with the doctor any health condition before intaking the medicine.
There are a certain list of diseases that interact with the medicine
Some of the diseases are:
- Kidney Disease
- Heart disease
- Liver Disease
Warnings & Precautions
- Before consumption of the medicine, you need to know if you are allergic to the medicine or any of its components. The medicine does contain many inactive constituents that may cause an allergic reaction. So you need to talk to your doctor elaborately about any allergies you might have.
- You need to call your doctor immediately if you experience any kind of escalation in seizures, difficulty in breathing, dizziness, trouble in swallowing, breathlessness, swelling or any kind of kidney problems.
- The medical emergency needs to be consulted if you have witnessed any kind of kidney disease, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts, depression, heart disease, diabetes, epilepsy or any other seizure disorder.
- For any kind of drug overdose, contact the emergency numbers of your local doctors so that you are reported instantly.
- If undergoing any kind of surgery, inform your dentist or doctor about your medications. The doctor needs to have such information as it is very crucial.
- Generic Neurontin tends to make you dizzy or make your vision a little blurred. It is advised not to drive or use any kind of machinery that needs your mental attention to ensure your safety.
If alcoholic, you need to control your consumption.
Consult your doctor, if you use marijuana (cannabis).
Read Next: Buy Gabantin
Generic Neurontin side effects
- Neurontin does not have a very strict dosage requirement but should be stopped immediately if there are any signs of allergic reactions which might include swelling of the face, throat or tongue, difficulty in breathing or hives.
- You need to seek extensive medical treatment if you witness any of the serious side effects like rashes on the skin, muscle ache, pale eyes and skin, muscle pain, extreme weakness or any flu-like symptoms. These side effects are followed a few weeks after the intake of Neurontin.
- Any type of symptom whether that be mild or severe needs to be discussed with the doctor else it might worsen the situation like mood swings, trouble sleeping, restlessness, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, feeling impulsive, irritable or agitated.
You need to consult the doctor immediately if you witness
- Stomach ache
- Breathing problems
- Cough and fever
- The problem in the muscle movement
- Painful urination and kidney problems
- Swelling in the ankles and feet.
- Kidney Issues.
If your children are having Generic Neurontin, you need to consult a doctor if they are facing any of the below-mentioned difficulties after the consumption of the drug, which includes:
- Memory issues
- Concentration Problem
- Behavior change
Some of the most common side effects of this drug include:
- Foot and Hand Swelling
- Eye Problems
- Problem in coordination
- Vomiting and Nausea
There might be some other side effects as well to Neurontin and any change in the body physically or mentally needs to be shared with the doctor.
How does Generic Neurontin work?
Neurontin is constituted in the class of drugs known as anticonvulsants.
It is used to control seizures and it does it by controlling the exciting neurons hence reducing the brain excitement. This also works as a pain killer.
It changes the way the body perceives pain and hence we feel relaxed
How to take Generic Neurontin?
Neurontin should be taken as per the doctor’s advice. You need to follow all the instructions written on the label. It is recommended not to take Neurontin in an uneven amount if you want desirable effects from the same.
This medicine can be consumed after or without having food and it doesn’t change the effect of the medicine.
The tablet if ever broken and consumed half only, the other half of it needs to be consumed as quickly as possible and within the span of a few days only. If you change the brand of the medicine, the doctor’s consultation is very important because changing the brand might change the dosage of the medicine.
After effective medication, do not stop the usage of medicine abruptly as it might have some severe effects. You need to taper the dosage as per the doctor’s instruction.
You need to keep an ID card indicating that you have seizures. Any kind of medical consultation would require the information that you are on the seizure medication and hence will keep this thing in mind whilst treatment.
Neurontin needs to be stored at room temperature and should be kept away from moisture and light.
Is Neurontin a narcotic drug?
The drug Gabapentin is not categorized as under DEA – Drug Enforcement Agency and is not a narcotic drug. However, it does have some symptoms of the narcotic drug and there are many symptoms that it shares with the narcotic drugs. Some resemblance of the symptoms are as below:
- Extreme Sweating
- Pain in the Muscles
- Piloerections also known as goosebumps
- and Insomnia
All these symptoms occur in narcotic drugs. So it does have some properties very similar narcotics and few reports patients are abusing the drug.
So the medicine needs to be taken with extreme care without any misuse.
Neurontin for anxiety
Neurontin also is known as Gabapentin is primarily used as an anticonvulsant and mainly focuses on preventing seizures making it an anti-seizure drug.
This drug also treats postherpetic symptoms which is the pain after the shingles.
While mainstreaming for the above different symptoms, Neurontin, however, treats anxiety but off-label because it primarily is for other purposes but does help in relieving anxiety as well.
There are many user reviews on Neurontin and some of them are listed below:
Neurontin has not just worked on my nerves but my entire body. Many side effects to it are long term and should be kept in mind before the intake of the same.
I have taken Generic Neurontin for neuropathy and it has steadily gained my weight. Diabetes that I incur have been subsided with the diet but there still is much nerve damage that I use acupuncture for.
I have been taking Neurontin for my pain caused by MS. The drug does make me drowsy but has certainly proven to help me with the pain and I prefer taking it at night due to the dizziness it causes
I would not recommend using it with alcohol or even while driving as it has the worst effects.