Sorry, nothing in cart.
What is Gabapin 100 mg tablet?
Gabapin 100 mg tablets are medications that contain the prescription drug Gabapentin as it comes in an oral tablet. Gabapin 100 mg tablets are offered as a generic alternative to the branded form of the Gabapentin known as Neurontin.
Why are Gabapin 100 mg tablets used?
Gabapin, manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited, is used to treat epilepsy, partial seizures and postherpetic neuralgia.
It is also used for the treatment of hot flashes and restless legs syndrome as it is an anticonvulsant medication and it is also prescribed for off-label uses such as treatment of anxiety disorders, insomnia, and even bipolar disorder.
How are Gabapin (Gabapentin) tablets used?
Your doctor will give you clear instructions about the dosage as well as usual guidelines of using the Gabapin 100 mg tablet. He or she will determine the correct dosage and usage for your condition based on the condition for which you seek treatment, your past medical history as well as your medication or drug tolerance levels.
If you use tablets, then swallow them with water as and when your doctor has asked you to do so. Your doctor may gradually increase or decrease the doses as per your condition’s requirements.
To reduce the risks of side effects, it is advised that you take the first dosage before you sleep. If you have been prescribed Gabapentin tablets for the treatment of seizures then it is recommended that you take these tablets on a regular basis as it has been directed by your doctor.
Please do not increase or decrease the dosage of this medication without the prior permission of your doctor. Also, as this medication is likely to cause withdrawal symptoms, it is advised that you do not stop taking this medication abruptly. Your doctor will gradually decrease the doses so that you do not face any withdrawal symptoms after the treatment using the Gabapin tablets.
What are the Side effects of Gabapin 100 mg Tablets?
The most frequent and common side effects that occur after the use of Gabapin 100 mg tablets are:
- You may be susceptible to having viral infections and fever.
- You may feel nauseous after taking the Gabapin tablet and even go through vomiting spells.
- You may experience chorea (excessively fast or jerky movements), and you may have trouble speaking and you may feel more hostile towards others.
These side-effects are usually mild ones and they go away once your body adjusts to the Gabapin 100 mg medication. But if you feel that it is serious then, by all means, inform your doctor and get immediate treatment.
Some of the more serious side-effects of Gabapin tablets 100 mg tablets are:
- You may go through some suicidal thoughts and think about dying.
- You may feel more anxious and cranky along with feeling more restless more than ever.
- You may have panic attacks and have difficulty sleeping.
- You may experience changes in your behaviour such as you may become more violent and have aggressive thoughts. You may also get angry more often than usual.
- You may find it difficult to focus on tasks therefore your productivity levels may drop down drastically.
- You may feel unexpectedly tired after taking this medication along fatigue and sudden muscular pain.
- You may experience some serious allergic reaction to this condition such as rashes on the skin, hives, chills, and fever. You may also have other allergic symptoms such as swelling of the tongue, face, and lips.
- You may also see the yellowing of your skin or the yellowing of the whites of your eyes after using Gabapin 100 mg tablets.
The side-effects of Gabapin tablets will differ based on a person’s individual body makeup, their tolerance levels, their past medical history as well as the condition for which the medication of the drug Gabapentin is being used. This list does not in any way consists of the all the possible side-effects of the Gabapin tablets, therefore we request you to get a detailed list of potential side-effects of your condition from your doctor or your pharmacist.
What are the substances, drugs and medications which react with Gabapin 100 mg tablets?
The drugs or medications which interact with Gabapin 100 mg (Gabapentin) tablets are:
- Marijuana ( Cannabis)
- Aluminum Carbonate, Basic
- Aluminum Hydroxide
- Aluminum Phosphate
- Dihydroxyaluminum Aminoacetate
- Dihydroxyaluminum Sodium Carbonate
- Magnesium Carbonate
- Magnesium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Oxide
- Magnesium Trisilicate
- Morphine Sulfate
Certain Warnings and Precautions that are meant to be taken before you start making use of Gabapin 100 mg tablets:
- Please inform your doctor if you are using any products to treat allergy, cough, and cold because as these products may cause drowsiness, it may interact with the Gabapin tablets.
- If you use this medication, it is quite likely that this drug can interfere with your laboratory tests for urine protein, therefore please inform the authorized people that you are being administered this medication for accurate test results.
- Alcohol consumption is strongly discouraged along with the usage of Gabapin 100 mg tablets. The consumption of alcohol will increase the possibility of having side-effects such as dizziness and poor concentration.
- Activities that require extreme focus and attention such as driving, examinations, and operating heavy machinery are to be avoided.
- Do not use Gabapin 100 mg tablets if you are using any products or medications which contain Gabapentin.
- Avoid using this medication if you have had an allergic reaction to gabapentin in the past.
- Inform your doctor if you have had any kidney-related issues or diseases in the past.
- Talk to your doctor if you have a history of mood disorders and suicidal thoughts along with substance abuse problems in your past.
- Please share any heart diseases or breathing difficulties you may have with your doctor if making use of Gabapin 100 mg tablets.
- Please inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby before you start making use of this medication.
- The Gabapentin present in the Gabapin passes in the breast milk therefore if you are breast-feeding your children please do not use this medication or at least discuss the effects with your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gabapin 100 mg (Gabapentin) tablets:
Is it okay to drink alcohol if I am using Gabapin 100 mg tablets (Gabapentin)?
Alcohol or other items or products that contain alcohol will make you drowsier and may even blur your vision, or make you faint. Alcohol consumption will also increase the risks of side-effects on your body. It is best if you avoid alcohol while you are using this medication or limit or drink in moderation.
How long does it normally required for the Gabapin 100 mg tablets to work?
The time of the treatment depends on various factors such as your past medical history, your body’s absorption capacity as well as your tolerance level. The severity of your condition will also play a role, hence it is best if you ask your doctor for a specific and further clarification about the treatment using Gabapin 100 mg tablets.
For how much time does the Gabapin 100 mg (Gabapentin) stay in your body’s system after the last dose?
For a tablet of Gabapin 100 mg, the drug Gabapentin stays in the users’ system for about five to seven hours. The half-life decreases as you take lower doses in your life. The drug will be completely eliminated out of your system two days after your last dosage of this medication. As this drug is likely to cause withdrawal symptoms in your body if you stop it abruptly, please make sure that you decrease the dosages and then stop the dosage eventually. Get prior approval from your doctor before making any changes to your dosage and medications.
Does the use of Gabapin 100 mg tablets (Gabapentin) for a long period of time causes weight gain?
There have been no reports of weight gain observed in the studies performed on the effects of Gabapentin on the users of this medication. If you have gained weight after using this drug or if you are afraid of gaining weight after using this drug then please discuss it with your doctor and get further information about it.
Does Gabapin 100 mg tablets make you feel sleepy?
Gabapin 100 mg tablets contain gabapentin, and it makes you feel sleepy therefore it is suggested that you take this medication before you sleep. As an off-label use, this drug can also be prescribed for the treatment of insomnia as it makes you very sleepy. If you use this medication during the day make sure that you refrain from doing activities that require focus, alertness, and concentration such as driving and operating machinery such as microwaves.
How much gap period should be maintained between two doses of Gabapin tablets?
At least four to five hours of gap period should be maintained between two doses of the drug Gabapin. If you have any doubts after the usage instructions, please refer to your doctor or your pharmacist. Do not exceed the dosage amount or alter the dosage without your doctor’s approval to cut down the risk of overdose and side-effects.