Sorry, nothing in cart.
Etizolam 1mg is a dosage of the thienodiazepine derivative drug which is primarily used for the treatment of anxiety and insomnia. This drug is a thienotriazolodiazepine and was approved for medicinal use in the year 1983.
Along with being effective for the treatment of anxiety and depression, this medication can also be used as a skeletal muscle relaxant and anti-convulsant. It has a chemical structure similar to benzodiazepines.
Why is Etizolam 1 mg used?
As Etizolam 1mg works as a sedative it is often prescribed as a treatment for anxiety and insomnia. It is also a viable treatment for people who suffer from panic disorders and chronic stress.
How is Etizolam 1 mg able to treat Anxiety?
People who suffer from anxiety go through emotions of panic and fright which can be from a real or perceived threat or due to the unhealthy and obsessive fear of the future.
If a person feels extremely anxious on a regular basis or suffers from anxiety attacks from time to time then it leaves some serious consequences in the way a person’s brain works and also directly bring down the quality of that person’s life.
The brain cells of the person suffering from anxiety or anxiety attacks are often excessive stimulated due to their condition.
The overstimulation of the brain cells produces many physical symptoms of anxiety such as rapid breathing, unusually high heart rate, excessive sweating and shaking of the body during panic attacks, even sudden pain. The physical symptoms may vary for every individual based on their personal mental makeup and response to threats.
As an inbuilt defense mechanism, your neurons of the brain sends out messages to your body to relax as and when your body shows the symptoms of anxiety. The neurotransmitter which brings about the relaxed state in a person’s body when that person is anxious or going through a panic attack is known as GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID, which is also known as GABA.
People who are suffering from anxiety find it difficult to calm down due to their heightened sense of fear. When such a person used Etizolam 1mg, the GABA works much faster and helps the body calm down quickly. This is how Etizolam 1 mg successfully treats anxiety and the panic attacks which come with them.
Due to its sedative properties, Etizolam 1 mg can be prescribed for three major disorders or condition which are Anxiety, Panic attacks, and Insomnia. People suffering from any of these three conditions have reported that Etizolam 1mg has been effective in treating their condition.
How to use Etizolam 1 mg?
Your doctor who prescribed you Etizolam 1mg will give you clear instructions about the usage of this medication based on the specific condition for which you are being treated.
If you suffer from anxiety daily, then it is recommended that you use a dosage prescribed for daily use along with water. Chewing or breaking down the tablet is discouraged, just swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water.
You can ingest this medication with or without food as per your personal preferences. Even if you take this medication with or without food, the effectiveness of the Etizolam 1 mg drug remains the same and treats anxiety successfully.
Please follow the dosage instructions given by your doctor or your pharmacist, also do not alter the dosage without the approval of your doctor. The overdose of Etizolam 1 mg drug can lead to some serious consequences on your body.
If you overdose on Etizolam by accident or a mishap, these are the following symptoms that your body may experience:
- Extreme drowsiness
- Rapidly shifting mood
- Slowed pulse
- Severe breathing Issues
- muscle Weakness
If you experience any of these symptoms, get medical help immediately. This will ensure that you do not have to face any serious consequences.
In extreme cases, an overdose of Etizolam 1 mg may even lead a person to coma, thus it is best to recognize the symptoms of the overdose of this drug and seek prompt medical assistance.
What are the side-effects that may occur after using Etizolam 1 mg tablets?
Etizolam 1 mg tablets are likely to cause the following side-effects:
- This medication sedates you, thus it is more than likely that it will cause sleepiness for you. You may be required to sleep and rest after using this medication. Do not handle any machines or drive after using this medication or do any other tasks which require focus and concentration.
- You may experience extreme lethargy and fatigue after using this medication and you may require to rest for a while to let this pass.
- You may experience muscular pain or weakness while this medication remains in your system. Extra rest is recommended during this period.
- You are likely to feel dizzy or may feel that your head is spinning after using the Etizolam 1mg tablets.
- You may go through spells of headache and at times your speech may get slurred after taking this medication.
- This medication is likely to increase or decrease your sexual appetite.
- You may forget things easily during this period or even have a problem recalling things or events. This will also hamper your decision-making skills. It is suggested that you avoid making purchases during this period.
- Your whole body may shake as a side-effect of this drug. The effects may also be more specific such as shaking of the arms or shaking of the legs.
- Your vision may appear fogged and blurry.
- You may have stomach cramps or upset stomach along with difficulty in urinating.
- This medicine will slow down your grasping capacity, thus making normal things such as work or study difficult for you.
- Etizolam 1 mg will decrease your concentration span and you may observe a dip in your productivity.
- This drug is also reported to cause symptoms of depression such as an unhealthy disinterest in things you previously used to enjoy, low-self-esteem and even suicidal thoughts.
This list gives you a brief idea about the side-effects that may occur after the use of this drug, refer to your doctor for a detailed list of side-effects. Also, every person may show different side-effects, thus call your doctor if you find that you are experiencing something that is not normal for you.
Medication or drugs which may interact with Etizolam 1 mg:
These are just a few drugs that may interact with this medication, inform your doctor about all the over-the-counter drugs or other medications that you may be using.
What are the precautions that you must take and warnings that you must be aware of before the use of Etizolam 1mg for your treatment?
- Alcohol consumption is to be avoided as and when Etizolam 1mg drug is in your system as this may increase the side-effects of this drug and even make you faint.
- Do not take this medication if you are already using other sedatives for treating anxiety, depression, panic attacks or insomnia as this may cause some serious consequences.
- Do not smoke while you are using this medication as it will make your anxiety worse and make it harder for the table to work and show proper effects.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking the grapefruit juice if you have Etizolam in your system as both these items together produce effects that are harmful to your body.
- The effects of Etizolam 1mg may affect an unborn baby if the mother consumes it, therefore, this medication is not recommended if you are pregnant if you are planning to have a baby.
- This drug may pass to the child through breast milk therefore do not take this medication if you are a lactating mother.
Before you start using this medication, please refer to your doctor if you can use this drug if you have the following diseases or conditions:
- If you are suffering from Glaucoma, which is a condition in which a person’s optic nerve gets damaged, then it is recommended that you avoid using Etizolam 1mg as it is likely to make your condition worse.
- If you suffer from any condition or disease related to the liver such as hepatitis, liver cancer or a damaged liver than it is suggested that you do not use this medication without your doctor’s approval. In case you have to use this medication, your doctor must closely monitor the dosage as well as your reaction to this drug on a regular basis.
- If you are suffering from a condition known as pulmonary insufficiency which indicates that your pulmonary valve is impaired. This condition often leads to breathing difficulties and if Etizolam 1mg is used along with this medication, you are likely to aggravate your condition and jeopardize your health.
Inform your doctor about any other conditions or diseases that you may be suffering from before you begin taking Etizolam as it will save you from any serious consequences in the long way run.
Frequently Asked Questions about Etizolam:
What is the half-life of Etizolam 1 mg?
This drug has a half-life of about 3.4 hours. The effects of this drug may last for about 6-8 hours but higher doses may last even more.
How much time doses Etizolam 1mg takes to show its effects on the body for the treatment of anxiety?
Etizolam 1mg takes about half an hour to 2 hours maximum to show its effect on your body after you take it.
Can we take Etizolam 1mg as a daily pill?
Your doctor will tell you if you have to take this drug daily or on an as and when required basis. Usually, lower doses of Etizolam 1mg are prescribed to be used daily but do not increase or decrease your dosage without the approval of your doctor.